Thread: Glossy Ibis

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Glossy Ibis

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
    1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1000 AWB
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Joe. I like the fluffed up wings and the iridescence that you have been able to showcase with the light hitting those feathers perfectly.
    I think you needed a bit more DOF for the head, as it is a bit soft but the bill is sharp which is good.
    The blue in the water is a bit washed out and I would bump up the blues selectively,
    Gail
    PS I heard we were at Joe Overstreet on the same day. Too bad we missed as it would have been nice to meet you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the wing position on the bird, the image looks a little soft i would also crop some off the right.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Gail and John, thank you for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.

Gail, I was set up all wrong for this bird. I had the settings to expose for egrets and spoonbills that were landing in a receding pool of water at Circle B. I saw this bird out of the corner of my eye and instinct took over regardless of the settings. So I was trying to make up for underexposure and noise in post processing. Most times I would have binned the image but I liked the wing position so I salvaged it best as I could.

P.S. Dottie and I could have passed you and Ann on Joe Overstreet Road without knowing. Small world....
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com