Thread: Beauty In The BEAST !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Beauty In The BEAST !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ! I am glad to be back hereon BPN and posting again. I went for a long pilgrimage tour and then had a good couple of days rest and now settled back to the daily routine.I missed posting for last months theme but atleast i can view all those wonderful images and try to comment on them.
    Here I would like to start with my favourite animal, the Tiger. Saw this female at Bandhavgarh in the month of January. It was a surprise sighting and i literally had goose bumps when she appeared out of no where, she had that wonderful winter coat and the most amazing eyes i have ever seen on a tiger, they are literally turquoise. They call her " Dotty " because of a D shaped stripe pattern on her forehead but i will always remember her because of that beautiful pair of eyes. And by the way this was my first tiger sighting with the canon 100-400mm IS II lens.

Canon 5D MK III , Canon 100-400mm IS II, Bean Bag.

1/1000 sec; f/5.0; ISO 2500.

DPP4.5, CS6, Curves, selective colour, levels, saturation , sharpening , cropped slightly from the left and bottom of the frame .

All your C&C's are most welcome.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 04-01-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, welcome back. Nice opening image & congrats on the 100-400 II ! I am sure you are liking it. I sure do. Love the expression here and the habitat, enough to show the environment with out being too distracting. Those eyes look fab. Hope you got some head shots of this beauty.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Sanjeev -- Yes excellent lens . I do have some shots when she was approaching towards us , "head on" as we do refer here . Will post them also .

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, you and two other great friends are killing me with these Tiger images, a nice opening post for sure.

Colour look good and I like the snarl. I think I would have kept to f/5.6, but great to see you pushing the ISO for more SS, IQ looks good too. My only thought would be come in on the RHS to loose the stump at the bottom. Look forward to more, BTW how are you getting on with the 1DX MK2?

TFS
    Steve

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Haseeb, beautiful tiger. So precious, wonderful to know they can still be seen wild. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - This looks very good including sharpness and colors. I am sure you will get lots of use out of the lens. My first thought also was to come in a bit on the rhs. Great snarl.

TFS,
    Rachel

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A great image, Haseeb - so full of character with that snarl.

I didn't know tigers had a 'winter coat'...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb,wow new camera new lens great opening image,all the luck for the future with your new tools mate.
    Haseeb,I am bewildered by those eyes,how rare is this?

Stunning turn and snarl towards you. The track is quite cool how it winds in the rear of the frame and I like the habitat shown anchoring this amazing feline,I've long loved your Tiger images Hasseeb this is another gem can't wait for more,mI'd love to see Dotty's face in more detail

cheers for sharing Haseeb

Stu

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Aaaargh you are killing me too... Softly

Love this. What awesome pose! Techs look good to me. Colours also. Tempted to crop from the bottom and from the right but have not tried it yet, just a thought, I might be wrong. The BG on the RHS looks a bit too soft in comparison with the rest, as in "blurred" - I understand F-stop value was 5, but somehow it looks too smooth, draws my eye unnecessarily. Not trying to nit pick, I really like this. Beautiful capture Haseeb, one of your best

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

...and yes, there's so much beauty in this beast
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Everyone !

Agree with the crop suggestion from RHS , it definitely improves the image.

@ Gabriela - Thank you for your kind words and the suggestions you made . Didn't exactly blurred the BG , but i ran a round of NR ( which i forgot to mention in the intro) as some noise was evident , hence the smooth look in that part .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb you would have to work very hard to improve this,the Tiger itself looks excellent!

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank You Keith !