Canon 5d IV
    500 f4 II x 1.4 tc iii
    1/500 f5.6 ISO 800Name:  Osprey 30.3.17.3.Edit.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  297.3 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Fred -- nice frame. I like the nice light fish and having both eyes visible is very cool. I feel the bird is pretty tight in the frame so if you have room maybe reduce the crop. TFS

Forum Participant
    New Harbour, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Becker View Post
    Hi Fred -- nice frame. I like the nice light fish and having both eyes visible is very cool. I feel the bird is pretty tight in the frame so if you have room maybe reduce the crop. TFS
    Honest answer was too lazy to crop out all the distractions, here the fully image. But I agree with you.Name:  _54A6995.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  271.5 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fred, nice grab for you and the osprey, I don't mind the tight crop if you were trying to emphasize the fish,
    You have a few artifacts in the sky probably do to compression, over all not bad. Not sure what time of day or if it's that your WB is off.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    New Harbour, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Foltz View Post
    Fred, nice grab for you and the osprey, I don't mind the tight crop if you were trying to emphasize the fish,
    You have a few artifacts in the sky probably do to compression, over all not bad. Not sure what time of day or if it's that your WB is off.

-Tim
    Duly noted on the artifacts, a bad job of cleaning up I think, the WB I think i correct for the time of day it was very early. Thanks for your input! Heres a retry
    Last edited by Fred Woodman; 04-01-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Fred, What a fish and you did well with the image. The big problem is that the head angle of the fish is much better than the head angle of the Osprey. Do you have any frames with the bird's head turned a bit toward us rather than a bit away from us?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.