Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
    Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
    Exposure Compensation +2/3
    ISO Speed 1000
    Auto ISO Speed ON
    Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +2x III
    Focal Length 1000.0mm
    DPP4.6 PS CC 2017

Here's another from my lucky day, I have been back twice but no luck, hope you like it.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon - Great action and poses of the two hares. I love that we can see the eye of the attacker too. The raised foot of the attacker and the slightly cowering pose of the one on the left really tell a story here. This has a bit more contrast and the hares are redder than your previous post. Not sure which I prefer. The blacks of the ear are just on the edge of being choked. I bet Gabriela would love a story sequence too.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another superb take Jon,did the sun partially come out for this one,to me the difference betwixt the two colour wise is down to light ,but I am curious if I have read that right. Jon can you tell me which is male and which female? I just love the interaction Jon as Rachel says there is a real story in the image.

Cheers for sharing another

Stu

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Rachel, & Stu both taken same time, I have a series. I processed this using a slightly different recipe in DPP. On reflection I think I may have added a little saturation in PS, the colours are perhaps just a little too saturated this time.
    (Andreas - oranges and reds were reduced.)

5. Thanks Stuart Philpott, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon .....just asking quickly ...only by looking at the thumbnails i can see a " big " color difference between your posts ? How does this come ? I would expect the same general overall WB and tint .... if processed the same way .
    This one does look too warm and contrasty .... IMHO ... for sure my personal pref , and nothing wrong with your OP . I mean the contrast is only slightly a tad too strong .
    Lovely action and i would have loved to have a tighter crop , for more impact but before you pixel bash i would take it.
    You are doing a great job in just getting this kinda shot !!!!!!!!

Hope you feel lucky as well ... TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brown hare edit

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a repost, a little better I hope

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Jon .....well i do not want to be too picky .....so please take it gentle .. OK ?
    First of all i think your changes are quite drastic .....and this is not a good idea from my POV , i think OP is not that far from being ver nice in terms of color and tone !!!!!!!!!
    If you go slightly with lesser contrast and change the colors more gently ... you would be good ... i think .
    I would take them side by side into PS and compare .... and make a decision which way to go ..... and do not forget , colors are very subjective thing in my eyes .
    If you want to keep that warm as the OP is it is fine .... i just think the reds and oranges in the Hares are your enemy in this case , likewise i think the grass could be a fraction greener and less yellow , just change the hue of the yellows in DPP to i.e. - 5 or 7 .
    Well i think the image is worth to play with .... but please try make smaller steps

Really hope this helps ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

something like this......

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, I willingly accept your comments here is yet another version, I have to confess the more I play around with the system the more I see so many differing yet acceptable versions.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 03-29-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon, nice interaction, but I just would like to see what happens if you bolt the 1.4 on, to get a tad closer.

The techs look good and upping the EV you will loose SS, so keep an eye on that and if need be, up things, pointless going for a slow SS with the 1DX. The FG I find a tad irritating because of the sharp contrast between sharp focus & OOF grass, so I might, as an option, loose about half at least on a new crop and go tighter, agin with less to the LHS. For me, Andreas has nailed the colour, in pane 6 the image looks flat, no life, in pane 9 there is too much blue in the grass.

Looks like you are having fun.

TFS
    Steve