Thread: Listen mummy .....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Listen mummy .....

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello folks and specially Gabriela who asked for another Seal image ....
    Image taken , as most of my seal images , on Helgoland in this winter .I had plenty of new borns in various sizes ... so it was very busy at this time on the beaches .But still there is a need to be at the right spot to get what you are looking for .... and in the pupping season it for sure all kind of interactions between the sexes and mother and child .
    So here you go ... after having a bath in the shallow water ... the pup searched for mum and made contact with her to strength the bond between them .

EOS 1Dx II
    EF 200-400 IS L with TC engaged ( 560 mm )
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4.6 ( Fine detail pict style ) and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp from top and RHS

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous Andreas, good POV, techs, well they look spot on and the ISO just delivering yet again. Perhaps moving the whole crop left, with less of the body and the whole front flipper of Mum in view, but either works for me, however cool interaction/behaviour aspect. Maybe a sliver more at the foot?

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the interaction here, I've watched and enjoyed the bonding sessions myself are they are lovely to observe. The ground level POV works perfectly, but it looks a little flat to me - the details are up to your usual standards, but I think it cold maybe do with a little more 'pop', particularly on the pup.

Name:  _22I8224-copy---CopyRP.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  381.0 KB

Mike

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas

Your recent seal images speak to me. I enjoy the emotional content here, and this matters to me a great deal. You have spent a lot of time with those seals and developed a sensitive eye which enables you to select and highlight various aspects of their behaviour.

In terms of techs, all spot on as far as I am concerned. PP work is impeccable. I admit I struggle to see the difference between your OP and Jon's RP, it is probably so subtle that my old Mac - or my old eyes - cannot detect.

Thank you so much for sharing, such a pleasure to view
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve , Mike and Gabriela for your kind comments and RP from Mike , much appreciated .

Gabriela great to see that you jump on my emotional side ....i can produce that kind of images ....when i get the chance . BTW the RP is from Mike ..... and you need a new screen !!!!! The changes Mike made are not that subtle ....

Mike thanks for your RP , appreciate your effort , your version is lighter and it is a change i would accept in general . Matter of taste from my POV ..... for your info i kept the tones and lighting relatively dull as it was at the time of shooting , in fact it was even worse . So i could have gone for something like you created .... but as already said i have my reason.

Thanks again folks , Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve .... sorry no more space on LHS and bottom .... with hindsight i would have said it would have been better to have it ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute moment well documented, nico low POV makes this one for me Andreas, Mike's RP has just that little extra pop for me.

TFS

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Boetie! And my apologies to Mike, and Jon too:)

I do need a new screen, so badly. I know what I want, but not available in SA - very frustrating. My screen has hot corners and is really old (2011). It is only good for FaceTime, LOL. Working on it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks Steve , Mike and Gabriela for your kind comments and RP from Mike , much appreciated .

Gabriela great to see that you jump on my emotional side ....i can produce that kind of images ....when i get the chance . BTW the RP is from Mike ..... and you need a new screen !!!!! The changes Mike made are not that subtle ....

Mike thanks for your RP , appreciate your effort , your version is lighter and it is a change i would accept in general . Matter of taste from my POV ..... for your info i kept the tones and lighting relatively dull as it was at the time of shooting , in fact it was even worse . So i could have gone for something like you created .... but as already said i have my reason.

Thanks again folks , Andreas
    Gabriela Plesea

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Very nice intimate moment well captured, though I do wish you had all of mom's flipper on the lhs. Nicely processed though I think I prefer Mike's rp but as you said a matter of personal taste. This one has a feel of you lying in the surf and getting wet to capture it .

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Marc ,Gabriela and Rachel for your comments ...as always much appreciated .

Gabriela what kind of screen are you not able to purchase in SA .....?

Marc and Rachel i agree that Mike´s RP has more pop .... but i like it flat this time .

Cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A great series of seal shot you are posting here, Andreas, and this one has real character.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much Mike

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As always superb execution and processing,Andreas. these images do have so much emotional content ,so tender they really speak to me. Enjoyed the conversation regarding Mike's repost. Unsure whether Mum's flipper left as we view should be included,I sort of want it there ,but the mum and kid interaction is so beguiling it is only a niggle

Fantastic work again Andreas

Stu