Thread: Roadside drink stop.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Roadside drink stop.

Attached Images Attached Images

7.00am
    I got to know quite well this mother cheetah and her 4 x 6 wk old fuzz balls, in the 3 weeks of my 2015 Ndutu trip.
    At one stage a few days after this we found her once again early morning desperately calling her cubs, as we saw many hyena in the vicinity we had grave doubts as to whether any of the cubs had survived the night.
    Much to our delight and after a few hours of daylight searching she was reunited with ALL four once again, a truly enlightening event as I shared the whole agonising experience with her.

Getting all 5 to look my way is never easy, especially with cheetah as they are constantly turning their heads on the lookout for danger.

One very special and capable mum for sure!

Ndutu sector- Northern Tanzania.

Nikon D4
    Nikkor 80-400 AF-S
    1/800s
    f/5.6
    ISO1600@ 160mm.

Bean bag front pax seat, 20% crop, curves, levels, TX adj's in ACR & PS CC' 17.

Cheers
    Marc
    Last edited by Marc Mol; 03-25-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Removed slight blue colour cast in soil

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc - Lovely warm morning light and great that they are looking in your general direction. As you said, never easy to accomplish and impossible to arrange. This works quite well with the flooded road acting as a leading line through the image.

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc -- Such cute looking cubs and loved the colours of the light . You must have had some real good time with this family . A lovely image indeed !

TFS !

5. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post