Thread: I am coming to check you ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default I am coming to check you ....

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello folks this was quite a funny experience with this little Indian Rhino ... no fear whatsoever ..... mummy really relaxed when we where there , staying in the BG .
    This little felly came so close to the gypsy , i could finally produce some crappy wide angle shots ... as i had no time to compose and so on .
    I would have loved a lower POV .... but sadly due to the location it was impossible to achieve that , still happy with the output .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200-400 IS L at 200 mm
    HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 10000 ; 1/500 sec ; man exp ; shot taken around sunset with the typical Indian dusty sky

Processed with DPP 4.6 ( fine detail picture style ) and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp to 80 % of FF

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Nice head on portrait and walking pose. I think the pov is fine. The grass in the mouth and head up really add to this image. Nice detail in the shadows. This works for me.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a special sighting, Andreas. This little guy is awesome, love the pose!

POV is great and framing works for me, subject stands out nicely against the BG. Your camera performed extremely well in low light conditions and I see no noise at relatively high ISO. IQ is there and plenty of detail, really nice PP work.

I do not have one image of a moving subject that looks this good at 1/500s, very well done Boetie!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, really like the head on approach, inquisitive look and to me, the face has a 'smile' to it????

Good depth of detail considering the f-stop and lens with great detail & tonal range. I also like the green habitat framing the subject, but wonder if a little off the top may help, nicely captured?

Sad to hear the other week another 11 or 12 Rhino horns confiscated whilst going through the airport x-ray, will this appalling trade ever stop?

TFS
    Steve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot Andreas, the head on shot permits the "slower" shutter speed, I lie the DOF extending to the front shoulders.
    You seem to be making full use of the Fine Detail, I found it useful for some but not all images by any means. I have recently started trying Neutral for some and I quite like the results with some tweaking.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have recently started trying Neutral for some and I quite like the results with some tweaking.
    Hurrah!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice frame Andreas, the dead on facing view works well, and the light angle has brought out some nice textures,

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much folks for your kind comments .....much appreciated .

Jon as i already told you ...i mostly use " Fine detail " , 80 % plain as factory . Sometimes i use my own ....depending on the file . The picture style is just the starting point to create a relatively flat file that will be edited in PS for output .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Andreas -- I always enjoy watching your Rhino images from India , you have done full justice to their beauty and personality in the various image that you have captured and this one is no exception . Loved the grass in its mouth .

TFS !