Thread: Brown Hare UK Lepus europaeus

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Brown Hare UK Lepus europaeus

Attached Images Attached Images

Much effort going in to trying to capture the mad march hare antics of late. Much boxing seen (actually a whole plethera of behaviours, un caught, been wonderful) ,but as yet lady luck has avoided us.

This is one of my favourite areas to see hares it holds the biggest local population I know.We are waiting to find out if we might be granted access to them,fingers crossed.

So although a feeding shot it was lovely to spend some time with this one. special for me was being in a vehicle ,as my darling also got to be very very close for once with me.Her probs and the nature of this big eared chum of mine means that rarely happens bless this guy an absolute star

Guys,I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get the mfa set up on the 2X extii,so this is in part another iq evaluation, I'm about 15mins from sunset and shockingly for England there is no sun only lovely dark grey .So basically, shot in poor light again,I yearn for a chance under a sunrise or sunset,but hey I came home with a shot or two ,hence my excitement

I guess I should have pushed the iso at least to 3200,i'm getting a lot more comfy there but in part I wanted 2500 as I know it and can evaluate better by compariosn with other endevors with this wonderful animal I crave to be with so much. I would have also liked more dof and ss as were were so close,but all this will come with time and effort.

Processed in dpp4 WB via eye dropper (Tail),, slight NR. pushed tone towards red slightly(a tad unsure on colour, I am !! There is a real colour to them at the mo...... breeding time????????What I feel would be normal representation of colour I feel is different right now. leastways here) Active Af point just boardering left side of eye.Slight crop to rid galvanised gate which I was having to shoot through at first. 1/3200 f6.3 iso2500 Canon 1Div 300f2.8 extiii 2X

cheers endlessly for the thoughts help encouragement on previous images,

take care

Stu

PS
    Guys,absolutely here I should have had the 1.4 or even bare,I'm struggling to frame, it's ,silly I had time to change The 2Xis considered. I need to know what it can do in the field.