Thread: Another Squirrel from Orlando

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Another Squirrel from Orlando

Attached Images Attached Images

A Squirrel running up a bark upon my cautious approach towards him/her. A momentary pause allowed my a clean shot.
    7D II
    100-400 II
    1/4000
    f/6.3
    ISO 800

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

She is a such a cutie:)

Whew,1/4000s This would have afforded you more DOF, if you wanted to. Well framed and subject frozen nicely at this SS...

BG is great, it's just those branches in the lower left corner that distract a bit. Colours look good, nice detail in the fur of this "busy body".

I feel that the tree trunk competes a bit with the subject, given those patterns and lichens and what seems to be the work of termites. I realise there was nothing you could do about that, so this is just an observation.

Let us see what the others say. I plan to raise you a squirrel soon, I must just find one just as cute to process

Thank you so much for sharing, and I do hope you have a lovely week-end,
    Gabriela Plesea

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev the image looks a little heavy or dark to me and I am not too sure the colour temp is optimal, is there a hint of yellow or perhaps green??

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev - Cute pose and good sharpness. I agree with Jon that the color temp and colors are a bit off. Here's a quick rp where all I did was adjust WB and tint. Having seen these grey squirrels pretty much my whole life, the colors look much more natural to me now. I too would prefer a little less of the tree trunk but not a deal breaker

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Rachel Jon & Gabriela. Rachel, yes I like your RP and I did reduce the yellows during PP but probably not enough. Your RP does portray the scene colours well. Appreciate it.

9. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev another cute squirrel shot , i like the vertical version better .Nice sharpness and lots of fine details .
    From the techs POV , i think the image is too contrasty and heavy in the blacks . From the aesthetic POV i think the tree stump is a wee bit too dominating , any more negative on LHS ?
    Colors well .... matter of taste ... i would take both versions .

TFS Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, parking any colour issues, I just don't feel the image is technically not well capture, or indeed the overall PP. I agree with Andreas points, but the actually sharpness looks not to be there which makes it not a keeper for me.

If you have the time, I would check the WB first before any colour adjustment is done, or even try Colour Balance as often the colour starts to drift if you don't get the initial start correct. In addition and I could well be wrong, but have you done any manipulation around the tail, as there appears to be some green overlapping the finer hair and I would be surprised to see it coming through????

TFS
    Steve