Thread: Osprey.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osprey.

Name:  untitled-(176-of-525)-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  197.3 KB

I took this at a place called Thistle Island on the South Coast of South Australia . Mr Thistle was the leading seaman on a longboat which sent off by his captain Matthew Flinders with six others in 1803 when mapping [some still used today] the Australian coast. These seaman were never seen again,so each has an island named after him. Nevertheless it has at least one magnificent Osprey's nest which has been in place for countless productive years . There doesn't seem to be much variation round the world but this female seems to be a subspecies some times called Christatus. Just interested to know if
    someone may notice some variation from the northern Hemisphere bird.

1dx
    1/2500th
    400DO
    40% crop
    hh
    manual

All c and c very welcome`

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice capture Ian. I was just about to comment on the different look to this Osprey, then I read more of your info. It looks cool and I can see a difference, mainly in the brown feathers around the neck. I'm glad the head is in the light but the rest of the body being shaded isn't as desirable. Nice details and I like the sky color although it could use some Noise reduction. Nice job with the DO
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

3. Thanks Ian McLachlan thanked for this post