Thread: European Bison in dune habitat

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default European Bison in dune habitat

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all yet another Bison in his habitat , it is all dunes covered with grass , bushes and trees .
    The project is about to see how the Bisons influence the landscape ...... and the reintroduction of this species .Before that sheeps were grazing in that area .
    I kept the Bison smaller in the frame to show partially the environment , hope you like it.

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    Ef 200-400 IS L with TC engaged at 420 mm focal length
    HH with no support

F 5,6 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp ; auto Iso ; + 0,3 EV .... you see Rachel ... dark subject small in the frame , lower Iso

Processed with DPP 4.6 ( fine detail picture style ) and PS CC 2017, slight crop for comp from all sides .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting.

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Andreas,

I like this even more than your previous Bison post. Lovely 3D feel to the scene overall and the vegetation adds so much to it: instead of detracting, those lovely long grasses give lots of depth. So very well seen and captured, Boetie.
    Those wonderful rich colours of the subject make him stand out, nice eye contact too, oh yes it all works for me, superb shot, congrats

Thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, I love the layering effect by the vegetation and the muted hues & tones here, they really complicate the image and subject. I was unsure about having such sharp FG, but defusing it, albeit a fraction, I think doesn't help. Overall, a nice image with detail & sharpness, the MK2's are just delivering and is a testimony on the ISO capability - a real game changer as I said to you last year, now sell the MK1 .

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve and Gabriela for your kind comments , much appreciated .Glad you like it.

Steve i would like to have two top bodies ....but i never had due to limitations from my finance minister at home , i am happy that she keeps her feet still when a new pro body comes on the market .
    Yes i agree with you regarding the DOF ....and i am actually surprised about the large DOF at 5,6. But i do not want to create an artificial blur .

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks Steve and Gabriela for your kind comments , much appreciated .Glad you like it.

Steve i would like to have two top bodies ....but i never had due to limitations from my finance minister at home , i am happy that she keeps her feet still when a new pro body comes on the market .

Cheers Andreas
    Andreas, no one understands us LOL. Perhaps you should schedule a meeting between you, your Finance Minister and I...During such meeting I could try explain the effect the arrival of a new body would have on you (in my experience such effect is quite instant really) and what a joyful and hard working man you would become ( doing all sorts of house chores and even cooking, etc) once you opened that magic box! Why wait for Christmas, there might be a special right now?
    Gabriela Plesea

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Yes, on the ISO issue. Lovely soft tones and colors here. The comp works and so does the inclusion of habitat. Nice one.

TFS,
    Rachel

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am struggling now Andreas which is the best bison shot you have posted... I think this is pretty close, just love the colours and the apparently soft luxuriant coat.
    A very minor point for me is the bison is very central laterally speaking, I am not exactly sure but maybe add a tad more canvas on the left.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I really liked the way you framed this bison with the tall dried grasses in front and the leafless shrub behind...beautifully done with nice details in the bison.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas,
    Like Jon, I am really loving this series of images from you. And choosing between them is very difficult. I like the framing here and the depth provided by the foreground grasses and the background OOF scrub. The softness of the fur is amazing and I am sure down to your impressive processing skills.
    Very well done and thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Rachel, Jon , Andrew and Gerald for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas