Thread: Blue tit UK Cyanistes caeruleus (set up)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Blue tit UK Cyanistes caeruleus (set up)

Attached Images Attached Images

Made friends with some special little more common guys recently,it was an ideal chance to get some practice in and evaluate a few things with the ext's I'ts dull grey about 11am. My little friends are being fed stick is choosen light direction and bkg to some extent chosen well, as much as one can in a woodland with ever changing light and shadows I would clone out oof branch RHS and two sticky up bit down low later when able too. The shot is ff and I don't want birdie any bigger really. I'm not using a hide just stood hand holding. Processed in DPP4 I can't go further yet,computer says no. these little guys were fast I really would have liked more dof here but elected to go with this maybe this could be improved on? i'm faly close as I say this isn't croppedi

Canon 1Div
    300f2.8is
    ext1.4iii
    f6.3
    iso3200

Many thanks for all the support thought provoking comments on my previous images

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Stuart, nice image, nice head angle, perch and background, yes I would clone out the branch on the right and the little nub sticking up, I also would like to see it higher in the frame.
    Overall a very nice image though with a few little things could make it better. I attached a quick fix, I hope you don't mind.

-Tim

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu, looks like another big step forward for you in both techs & PP and doing this stuff is great practice for you. Although still away in Canada, I like what Tim has done, but wonder if just opening the Exposure up by a third of a stop (0.30) and the Shadows just a wee bit, but that's based on my laptop so could be wrong. I think the WB looks good to, but might perhaps look at fractionally moving the Tint slider so you have less Magenta??? Based on a JEPG, WB +1, -6 Tint, just a thought.

Keep plugging away.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Foltz View Post
    Stuart, nice image, nice head angle, perch and background, yes I would clone out the branch on the right and the little nub sticking up, I also would like to see it higher in the frame.
    Overall a very nice image though with a few little things could make it better. I attached a quick fix, I hope you don't mind.

-Tim
    Tim I am incredibly grateful for your time,thank you for the edit they help me much. Tim you have added canvas,cloned those niggles changed the crop ,is there anything else? Second why do you want him higher in frame?

Tim i'd never mind,i appreciate folks offering my their wisdom ,it's hard won.

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Philpott View Post
    Tim I am incredibly grateful for your time,thank you for the edit they help me much. Tim you have added canvas,cloned those niggles changed the crop ,is there anything else? Second why do you want him higher in frame?

Tim i'd never mind,i appreciate folks offering my their wisdom ,it's hard won.

take care

Stu

Stu, I try to have a balance in the negative space also, so the image isn't weighted to heavily in an area.
    I hope that makes since, for over 25 years I was in advertising as a graphic artist and I still use some of the
    same principles in my photography.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Stu, looks like another big step forward for you in both techs & PP and doing this stuff is great practice for you. Although still away in Canada, I like what Tim has done, but wonder if just opening the Exposure up by a third of a stop (0.30) and the Shadows just a wee bit, but that's based on my laptop so could be wrong. I think the WB looks good to, but might perhaps look at fractionally moving the Tint slider so you have less Magenta??? Based on a JEPG, WB +1, -6 Tint, just a thought.

Keep plugging away.

TFS
    Steve
    Points taken on board Steve thank you. I used eye dropper,it's not so far away on what the camera recorded in daylight. I'll have a look see .

Very much plugging away Steve, sorry I haven't been about much, the usual,but been trying really hard for hare seo barnie etc,just need a few seconds of luck at the mo. buddy really do,sooo close.

This was all about what you have been teaching me Steve this whole shoot was another grey old day and trying to learn, evaluate iso 3200 and ext's I think I have the 2x tweaked I shot a bit with it later on that day similar senario. All done while having a ball,it's not everyday nut hatches bomb one ,because they want more food/Ii'm getting more comfy with 3200 buddy,but 6400,not there yet. Really good little outing Steve a bit strange ,but really good fun

all good Steve thanks as always for your valued thoughts.
    Have the best time in Canada look forwards to seeing too

Stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Foltz View Post
    Stu, I try to have a balance in the negative space also, so the image isn't weighted to heavily in an area.
    I hope that makes since, for over 25 years I was in advertising as a graphic artist and I still use some of the
    same principles in my photography.

-Tim
    Cheers again Tim

That's exactly the type of answer I was looking for, something to ponder buddy thank you.

stu