Default Middle spotted woodpecker

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken with:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
    EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
    ƒ/5.6
    1/320
    ISO 2500

It's from the same day as the previous one. But i like it even better than the one with the tongue.
    Wonder what you guys think about it.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tom another super shot, excellent rendition of the plumage, if I were to choose between this and the previous 'pecker I would go for the previous, I like the tongue and the snow..... but there's not much wrong with this one

3. Thanks Tomasz Zawadzki thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a cool looking woodpecker! Nice pose and the smooth background sets it off really well. Image quality looks great for ISO 2500 (I know I need to accept that these cameras handle those ISO's really well ).

I think the large area of tree trunk on the bottom right of the frame distracts from the bird a little, especially since you do not have enough depth of field to keep the whole trunk sharp. Also it looks like the face may be slightly over sharpened. But I am not sure if maybe that is just how the feather pattern is on that bird.

5. Thanks Tomasz Zawadzki thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks. Yes it could have been better if shot at f7.1 or f8 but light didn't really allow it. I am not sure if i could get really sharp photo below 1/320 as he was moving quite fast and i didn't want to go above ISO 2500.
    When it comes to sharpness i might oversharpen while resizing to 1200x800 file from the original file that you can check on my flickr.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image, i dont mind the big perch at all. I think a few parts in the head and white feathers in the wing is a bit on the bright side. Love the details and those feathers!