Thread: Island on an Island

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Island on an Island

Attached Images Attached Images

Very early one morning as I lay on a dirt road to get somewhat out of sight behind some low swamp brush, to photograph numerous types of shore birds, I looked behind me. This was the scene before me on Merritt Island. C&C welcome.

D4S, Nikon 80-400mm @ 195mm, 1/2500s, f 5.6, HH, ISO 2500. Yes I was set for birds in flight plus they were also standing in dark water with a shadowy Mangrove background. Should have changed settings.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Geoffrey....I think your self critique here nails it...with the 80-400 VR lens you could have chosen a lower ISO and stopped the lens down for greater depth of field in this scene...with this image i would try to drop out much of the out of focus backgroound and tone down the highlights in the sky...I would also try to warm up the scene as well...sometimes with scenes such as this I warm them up in ACR by adjusting the temperature slider to the right and adjust to taste. TFS!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A bit in between for my taste but does make a nice B&W image which somewhat hides the OOF foreground.