Thread: Morning Light

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Morning Light

Attached Images Attached Images

I sat on this image for a year before processing it and after processing it I still felt it was missing something so it sat in PS for two weeks. What I didn't like was the color cast it was to cool for my liking and nothing I did to warm it up improved it. I really liked the comp and the sunlight on the water so I did not want to give up on it and I could have left it as it was since it was still a good image, then I watched a Ted Gore video on processing one of his images and he should how he warmed it up using a curve adjustment on individual color channels by decreasing the blue and boosting the red channels it added just a touch of warmth to the image that I was looking for. Anyway would interested in your thought as I will post the two versions so you can compare them.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4 L, 16mm, 1s at f/16, Manual Mode, ISO 100, single image and my usual workflow.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The warmer version is a massive improvement even though when I look at specific areas the tweaks don't seem to be that great.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don,

I too prefer the warmer image, although both are quite wonderful. The patternation in the FG water provide a great draw into the image and onto the water and sky..

Don

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don, I prefer the warmer version. Love the flow of the water going back to the sea...it really adds a nice leading lines to draw us into the scene. I am looking forward to the next two weeks whereby I will be on Cayman Brac enjoying sunrises / sunsets over the Caribbean Sea

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don - Count me in as another preferring the warmer version. Really beautiful scene and the slow ss worked well here to blur the surf.

TFS,
    Rachel

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Wow. Great shot. Like the colors in the sky mirrored in the water. Thank you for sharing

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don, sorry for the late response to this image. I see what you mean about the color but like you, I also love the composition. The warmer image is a lot better but not quite there yet for me. That water pattern is to die for, though!