Thread: Bald eagle in the snow

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bald eagle in the snow

Name:  Eagle-0713.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  283.3 KB

From Conowingo in early December. I wish the background wasn't quite so busy but the eagle had just left its perch in the trees after spotting a fish in the river. The sun was just barely shining through a thin spot in the clouds and I liked the little bit of backlight it provided as well as the falling snow.

1DX, 600mm f/4 IS II, 1/1600, f/4, ISO 2000

BPN Limited Member
    Thank You Posts

Excellent shot

3. Thanks Ryan von Linden thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice sharp close flight shot. I see the left wing tip is off the edge, but maybe that is just on my monitor?

5. Thanks Ryan von Linden thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome shot in a very cool environment. I'm a huge sucker for OOF snow falling shots. Michael, I'm seeing that on the webpage it displays with the wing cutoff but if you open it in a new tab the full wing is there. There looks to be something on the birds 'chin' that I would maybe consider cloning out but thats a minor nit. Thanks for sharing this.

7. Thanks Ryan von Linden thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments. On my 1920x1200 display the entire image displays with room to spare. I do have an issue with cut off photos when viewing on my phone so I imagine it's the same thing with a lower resolution monitor display as well. The something on its beak is most likely some blood/fish bits from its last meal, they were feeding pretty heavily that morning. I hadn't paid much attention to it, but I may consider removing it.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely image, Ryan. O don;t have a problem with the background as to me is is sufficiently randomly non-uniform if you see what I mean. And the falling snow just adds to it.