Thread: Little yellow .....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Little yellow .....

Hoping someone can help with an ID of this little guy ....

Name:  untitled-280-Edit.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  189.2 KB

Sony a77ii, Tamron 150-600, 600mm at f6.3, 1/1600sec, ISO 640

This was a cold and totally overcast day. I was walking a waterfront about to shoot some pelicans and gulls on a dock when this little guy flitted down and posed for a second or so on a piling near me. Got a bunch of terrible poses but this one seemed decent enough.

In LR I cropped pic, increased exposure a bit, and fiddled with other settings to try and make the picture a bit brighter. Also ran pic through DFine to eliminate some noise (this camera gets a bit noisy even at lower ISO settings it seems)

Appreciate your C&C on the pic. Is the piling attractive or not? In some ways I would have liked to have taken some closer photos of the piling just by itself.

AP

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andrew, Image seems to be on the soft side and that could be do to the noise reduction, the addition of black or contrast would also help the image pop a bit more.
    As far as the piling, man made or cut wood aren't the best for perches, but this does have an old weathered look to it. Also a bit higher in the frame and you being
    on eye level instead of looking down would have been ideal if you were able to. Nice background and o.k. head angle.

-Tim

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andrew I pretty much agree with Tim the most important loss here is the softness over all.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andrew, bird is a palm warbler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk