Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Rufous Sided Towhee, San Diego CA

On the campus of UC San Diego
    Name:  31718404184_60b3ecd5d7_b.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  292.1 KB
    Canon EOS 7DMII, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L II, 400mm, f5.6, 1/2000, ISO 250. Handheld

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Exposure looks good and you have nice details. Love the background. Bird and the shadow have a blue cast that should be easy to remove.

I think the should would benefit from more room on the right so the bird is not so cramped . I'm not a big fan of man made objects in shots although I understand that sometimes they are hard to avoid. In this case you have all of the out of focus seeds and the curve of the wall or curb or whatever that is. Unfortunately I don't think that this is a keeper although it does show the bird well. Getting it in better surroundings such as a simple perch and with a background like you will have here and you will have an excellent image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Many thanks Isaac! Appreciate the feedback. Yes, I wish the image wasn't so cramped on the left but that was my fault in framing. I was taking advantage of seed scattered near my workplace, a library on a university campus. Always prefer natural perches, but made the best of lunchtime photo opportunity!