Thread: Male Prairie Chicken

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Male Prairie Chicken

Attached Images Attached Images

Took this photo on a spring Lek in Nebraska.The sun angle had changed from where I was situated in the blind.Also was not the ideal head angle. Sometimes it is what it is. When are other head angles acceptable?I liked the way the chicken was stretching his neck out .Shot with canon 5D Mark111.300/2.8 2x teleconverter. AV F6.3 1/2000 ISO 2500 Post processed Dpp4 Photoshop,patch tool to remove specular highlight along with some grasses on the neck area. Levels and sharpened.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kevin, head angle is fine on this nice catchlight in the eye, would prefer to see a little bit more room t the bottom and less at the top.
    Also it seems to be a little bit on the warm side, was this a large crop?

-Tim

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Tim and I have since looked at Artie's head angle thread. I say I cropped at least half actually had another chicken that was cropped out.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Kevin, I really like this shot. Great subject and color. I would agree with Tim on the crop, but if you don't have the bottom area, it's still a great photo. It seems like I'm seeing a lot of noise in the bg for some reason. Could just be on my end.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty awesome shot. I have not yet taken to blinds for photography, but maybe someday. Probably have a better chance of a great photo. I think you could have asked that Prairie chicken to turn his head just a touch though.