Thread: Lake Jennings San Diego Red Tailed Hawk

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lake Jennings San Diego Red Tailed Hawk

Attached Images Attached Images

A very patient bird that seemed eager to pose adjacent to a fairly busy park road.
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 01-17-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry, no idea why two images posted, appreciate help in deleting the smaller image, thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very elegant and proud-looking hawk! I like the perch, and the hint of cloud in the BG. The steep-ish angle did not help. Sometimes, in cases like this if not too high, I like to wait until the subject cocks (tilts) it's head down - it often helps reduce the feel of it being so high. Did you take any verticals? I feel that would have been better for the composition due to the size in the frame and vertically elongated pose. Well exposed, sharp, and well processed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    A very elegant and proud-looking hawk! I like the perch, and the hint of cloud in the BG. The steep-ish angle did not help. Sometimes, in cases like this if not too high, I like to wait until the subject cocks (tilts) it's head down - it often helps reduce the feel of it being so high. Did you take any verticals? I feel that would have been better for the composition due to the size in the frame and vertically elongated pose. Well exposed, sharp, and well processed.
    Many thanks Daniel! Thanks for the tip on the vertical shot, agree I could have gone for that framing. My time was somewhat limited by location: my car was blocking the access road! :-)