f/5.6
    Aperture priority
    ISO: 200
    Lens Canon EF100-400mm f4.5-56L IS USM
    FocalLength: 390

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Bill, Let me go over a few things that might help, higher f-stop, don't center image, maybe a bit more contrast.
    Nice background and head angle. I will re-crop to show you an option.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Bill ,lovely images but I too feel there was more to be had here. Bill first I'd have raised the iso,please note learner talkiing so nothing I say is gospel just my thoughts on what I'd like to have tried. Raisning the iso would help increase the shutter speed and also the f Tim mentions. I'd have tried to frame this in portrait. Bill I am able to have an focal point set which kicks in automatically once the camera is orientated vertically. this really helps me when I have to move fairly quick. Honestly Bil, I struggle a bit with the orientation,but it makes framing and not cutting feet off in taller birds or animals much easier. even if I wasn't going for the whole bird ,maybe my thoughts were like yours more a head neck study I'd still be in portrait.

bill what Time mentions about DOF is something i'd have been worrying on too ,because I feel that beak if not paralell to the back of camera would present me with probs being so long .Again pulling the crane to the right in framing gives him a bit more space to look into.
    Bill as before no experience talking here but I feel you have real potential here sp have gone through some of what I would be thinking about if making a similar frame, I love the bkg you have chosen to compliment the bird and the head turn
    keep trying mate

Stu

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Tim and Stu. I'm still trying to learn photography thing. I am going out this afternoon and shoot more wildlife. I will defiantly try you suggestions. Thanks Bill