Thread: Red Grouse

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Grouse

A journey that usualy takes me two hours took three today ,mainly due to a couple of blocked roads due to the previous days snow we had.
    I did manage to get to my favorite spot eventualy after doing a couple of miles with the diff lock on the car to get to the top of the moors .
    I know you cant see much snow in the shot but take it from me it was there ,and plenty of it ,the grouse don't fly very high when disturbed its more of up then down,with a short level flight in between...
    Canon 1d mkiv 500mm f4 at F4 iso 1250 1/3200sec +1.2\3ev handheld first adjustments in dp4 followed by LR
    Name:  Female-Pheasant-d4-(1-of-1).jpg
Views: 99
Size:  152.0 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dennis, great eye level perspective and capture here, and I like the slight head turn and eye contact. Good wing position, but would like to see the frames before this shot, as the Grouse has already passed you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Bowie View Post
    Hi Dennis, great eye level perspective and capture here, and I like the slight head turn and eye contact. Good wing position, but would like to see the frames before this shot, as the Grouse has already passed you.
    Hi ,just had a quick look and this shot is central as i shoot ,the shot prior is behind and the one after is in front ,and this is the best of the set sharpness and focus wise....i have a bit more time later to have a second look

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice wings down pose, and I like the look back - makes a big difference. Although not a theme image, I did see some of your others from the day and preferred the wings up shot.

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Dennis. The look back balances the flight pose. Lovely detail on the bird and the BG, FG, works very nice here. Well done.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great BIF shot with sharp focus and detail. Looks like nice light and the look back adds.