Thread: Kestrel UK: Falco tinnunculus female

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Kestrel UK: Falco tinnunculus female

Attached Images Attached Images

Another of the female we are getting to know,I am now fairly sure i'm shooting her son as well. Lovely light thin white cloud with blue shy behind so bright but soft,probably once a year light in blighty winters
    Canon 1div 300f2.8 is extiii 1.4

1/6400
    f4.5
    iso 1600

The shot is as framed ie no crop,techs on the high side but always now I'm, looking for take off,so so lucky to have this wonderful chance seemingly repeating regularly,but slightly strange for me. Especially not having to use FC much at all frankly I can have a chat with them. I've just simply never experienced this with utterly wild falcons before. NO bait is being used

Thanks for all the thoughts and guidance on my previous images

take care

Stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,
    I think you did good job with this image. The steep shooting angle and lighting are notoptimal, but the image is sharp and well framed.
    Best Regards,
    Ken

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Ken catching them lower is no easy thing ,but maybe with time. I actually liked the light Ken a bit of colour from the sun but no harsh shadows. Sadly I can't always get that light over my shoulder at this spot,but it's been wonderful learning with them .

take care

Stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Point taken about the angle they do like to perch on the top twig,nice relaxed Kestrel pose,think I might lighten it a bit and maybe a little more sharping,well done Stu.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keith mitchell View Post
    Point taken about the angle they do like to perch on the top twig,nice relaxed Kestrel pose,think I might lighten it a bit and maybe a little more sharping,well done Stu.

Keith.
    He he don't they just see other reply Yes almost always top twig,and sometimes it seems too thin a twig,which leads to much entertainment. Once I can get PS Keith I think there is going to be a raft of images to sharpen,this is really as far as I can go with the tools, now but i'm happy mate. Seconds after this she turned slightly to me,I elected to go for a bit more DOF and got caught dead in the water as she regurgetated a pellet. A behaviour I've not seen before and a real shame I missed the shots,just bad luck really . Mind the head bobbing had me in smiling. But that is the magic Keith they are utterly relaxed,so we are seeing all these cool behaviours, Despite the time we have put in I wish I could give more to them .

I'll look at the brightness

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stuart, nice shot, image looks sharp but could use a bit of brightening, to bad about the angle and all the branches.
    I tighter crop would have been beneficial also.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Foltz View Post
    Stuart, nice shot, image looks sharp but could use a bit of brightening, to bad about the angle and all the branches.
    I tighter crop would have been beneficial also.

-Tim
    Thanks Tim, hmm fair point I'll muse the crop,that is something I honestly didn't ponder Tim, liking it as is, but now you have me thinking

Many thanks

Stu