Thread: Common Merganser

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Common Merganser

Attached Images Attached Images

This Merganser flew into this tree and was trying to get to baby flickers. The top of the tree is hollow.I had quite a bit of noise due to the heavy shade 4000 ISO. I have several versions that I have tweaked and this picture doesn't look as good It has lost quite a bit of sharpness I don't know what I am doing wrong taking from Photoshop to this site that I lose quality tried a Avocet a few weeks back and it was really distorted nothing like the original so I didn'post. Also had this printed on Metal with a white base and noise is not very noticeable.another Question is when I shot this I looked at the Histogram and it was pegged to the right box with no blinkies on the subject still had to brighten a half stop in Dpp4.Canon 5D mark111 F5.6 1/1250 Av

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Kevin, image looks to be a bit on the yellowish side, and could use a bit more contrast but not much.
    I would like to see more room at the bottom and in front of the merganser also. Maybe the quality of images is do to the compression of files when they are saved for the web.

-Tim

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Tim,
    Large tree was in the way in front of bird and wood pecker holes on the bottom which I thought were a distraction could the canvas be added in front or would that be to hard and not look right with all the branches and leaves.