Thread: Osprey with dinner

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osprey with dinner

For me, while I see a lot of ospreys, it's hard to get a good photo of one as they generally perch high up, and so you get a upwards-view.

This bird was a bit lower, so I was able to get a better angle on him. I only wish there had been a background! I have several shots of him, some where his head is in a better position relative to the camera, but then I had issues with a piece tree branch going through his leg. I settled on posting this picture as it was the best of the lot technically although the head-angle is not ideal.

Anyway, appreciate your kind C&C.

Andrew

Name:  Osprey.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  163.7 KB

Sony A77ii, Tamron 150-600, 600mm at f6.3, 1/1250 at ISO 100

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andrew nice head angle and perch (but I would remove the branch on the left), maybe a hair soft, but overall you did a nice job.
    Maybe next time f/8 or higher seems you had plenty of room on your ISO.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Andrew,I like your HA mate sure it's a sort of look back but it sure feels like the birds amber eye is burning into me. Buddy we have never seen one missed a stop over that hardly anyone knew about on our patch by a day. So it's cool to see this for me.If your ethics allow another vote to remove the LH branch. I don't mind your sky BKG either mate it's a lovely frame. I'd imaginge this is a tricky bird to shoot in sunlight with the darks and light feathers your exposure seems to this learner to be really good.

Great going mate,cor buddy when one has several frames isn't it the hardest thing picking the best one out. Sometimes it's relatively straight forwards ,but most of the time I really struggle.

Take care

Stu