Thread: EOS utility,won't upload images from camera to PC

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default EOS utility,won't upload images from camera to PC

Guys for some reason I can't seem to upload my images from camera to PC. Never been much of a problem before,but tonight when I hover the mouse over "starts to download images" the previous illuminates ,so presumably the software knows there are images to down load but left clicky yeild nothing apart from a red illuminated BUSY sign in the bottom left corner of EOS utility.

Any ideas please? I have tried turning camera on and off. Turned PC on and off tried accessing EOS utility by different routes so far have drawn a blank.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My only suggestion would be to uninstall it and reinstall it from Canons website.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don thank you for taking time to help me,it's very frustrating. Don i'm no great shakes with computers if you have any time,you couldn't point me in the direction of a tutorial on uninstalling. i'm going to dig for a while now ,but it is possible you might be able to steer me towards something so it's worth asking.

Don I don't think we have spoken before,so I'd like to wack a big thank you to you for your efforts as a mod beyond this reply. The guys at BPN have been so kind and helpful, tielss in efforts for others. Any fora requires the efforts of the mods to make things run largely done out of good will. I don't think you guys on any fora get thanked enough ,so have one on me

Oh and Happy new year to you too

take care

Stu

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

If you have the EOS disc there should be an option on there to uninstall it and you can then use the same disc to re-install.

Are you running Windows 10? Having been through XPS and Win7, I have found Win10 to be the one most likely to throw apps out of whack when they do online updates.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hitchen View Post
    If you have the EOS disc there should be an option on there to uninstall it and you can then use the same disc to re-install.

Are you running Windows 10? Having been through XPS and Win7, I have found Win10 to be the one most likely to throw apps out of whack when they do online updates.
    Mike yes windows10. and yes I have had some problems. Mike ,i started this reply just after seeing yours, with your advice Don's advice and a son for good measure I am sorted now . Thank you so so much,actually during all this I don't think the disc has uninstall,but I went via a different route

Fabulous Mike;Don: I can now stare at a rather bedraggled but still beautiful female Kestrel light was horrible probably nowt to keep but much to learn...plus going forwards i've learnt a liittle more about this digital malrky

Thank you Mike,

Thank you Don
    that's a real weight off my mind aswell as giving me a lovely end to a harsh day

Stu