Thread: Anhinga in it's traditional pose

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anhinga in it's traditional pose

Well, have to try again with another photo, this of a Anhinga in its traditional pose when drying its wings ...

Name:  anhinga3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  198.9 KB

Sony a77ii, Tamron 150-600, 600mm at f6.3 @ 1/1250sec, ISO 100. Full frame, no crop.

This bird posed nicely for me, and I took a lot of photos trying to fill the frame. What I discovered is that my hand-holding technique has a quirk/issue. I seem to slightly move to the right when depressing the shutter. This had me constantly cutting off the wing-tip on the left side of the bird! Out of about 20 shots, this one was the best of getting the wing tip in (barely!) and having a nice pose.

As I shoot nearly 100% hand-held, I think I need to work on my hand-holding technique. Like I said, this did not become apparent to me until I was trying to fill the frame.

C&C appreciated, as also any tips on HH techniques to practice/implement.

Andrew

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andrew, yes indeed a classic pose, nice BG except for the white spots to the left of the branch, easy fix though. Needs just a bit of room on the left also, its
    wing is to close to going out of frame... you can add more in PS., the HA is fine since it's back is towards us. Exposure looks good too.
    I shoot handheld also with a much heavier set up so I would recommend practice, practice, practice and you'll get used to it in no time.
    If it's still a problem down the road you might consider a monopod, I have friends that use them all the time.

-Tim

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andrew looks soft on the head . I have the same problem when hand holding just a little shake will change the focus. I try and brace against the car or tree or use the body when hand holding keep shooting.