Thread: Anole

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anole

Attached Images Attached Images

I took this photo last April. I thought I would post it here to get some comments. This little guy likes to hang out in this bird feeder in our front yard. I guess he got tired of me taking photos, because after a few minutes he gave me this threatening look and display. After this shot, I left him alone.

Canon 7D Mk II EF100mm f/2.8 USM with 1.4x III
    f/4.0 1/640 ISO 320 Aperture Priority -1EV
    Edited in LR

Thanks for any and all comments,
    Marlo

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marlo, and welcome to the Macro forum! A colorful anole giving you a great display pose! Very nice light, comp, and background. Good sharpness within your DOF - though I would prefer a little more depth. With some adjustments to your ISO and shutter speed, you could have gotten to f/8 and IMO, the image would be improved. Just something to keep in mind the next time this little guy shows up. Looking forward to seeing more of your work here in Macro!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for your comments. I agree about the DOF. It was the first time I had tried using my 100mm with a 1.4 teleconverter. I was going to try some shots stopped down, but when he started his threatening display, I wanted to back off as to not disturb him too much. I came back other days and he was there, but I never got a shot that had him displaying like this.

Marlo

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Marlo - welcome and my suggestion is similar to Steve's - a little more DOF otherwise excellent!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marlo,
    Nice capture of the dewlap being extended - you clicked at just the right moment. Agree with comments above about DOF. Still a very fine image.
    Allen