Thread: Itchy foot,Falco tinnunculus UK and a thanks to BPN

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Icon1 Itchy foot,Falco tinnunculus UK and a thanks to BPN

Attached Images Attached Images

I normally am in ETL but venture out occassionally after all it is a new year.

This is one of the Kestrels we have been spending time with of late they are very bold for our birds which normally stay back a bit from humans. This has been an utter joy for us, as even though they are quite common around here i've never really got to grips with them or had a real chance of doing so. they are a bird I can watch for hours,so to have probably two individuals be so tolerant of me/us is really quite special for me. I seem to spend ages of late stood under a tree with Kez besides me waiting for a chance of something a bit different to a bird on a stick. This is one of those chances that actually arrived,I think she just had an itch in one of her talons,so had a good nibble to sort it out,which lead to her moving wings about in an effort to retain balance much to the photographers amusement

Sadly the sun was a bit high in the sky when I took this. I'm still stuck with only canon DPP4 in post but hopefully that will change soon. So I can't do anything selctively in post only globally. I have pulled the highlights back quite aggressively (-4) dropped contrast a bit in an effort to get the tones under control a bit

Canon 1Div 300 f2.8 with 1.4extiii uncropped as framed active focus point on birdies lifted foot top row tree in from right

1/3200
    f5.6
    iso1600

Finally happy new year to all at BPN,i'd like to say thanks for letting me be part of this comunity. I must be the slowest learner on the planet can't really evolve at the speed I want to due to circumstances, beyond my control. Yet the folks at BPN have always been patient and constantly try and push me forwards. It has been a privalige to be a member here for my first year. Whether the image above be good or bad I know I couldn't have got anywhere near this shot last year . I attribute that to the folks here( and elsewhere it has to be said) whom have tried relentlessly to help me.
    So a massive thankyou from a little humble guy ,it's pretty cool ya know that some guys/gals here whom have enormous talent and ability give their time to folks like me
    May you all have the most fantastic light subjects and adventures in this new year

take care

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice find, I like the raised foot but the harsh light and steep shooting angle worked against you. Glad you have enjoyed BPN, keep up the good work
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    nice find, I like the raised foot but the harsh light and steep shooting angle worked against you. Glad you have enjoyed BPN, keep up the good work
    Thanks Arash,I'ts somewhat ironic you answered me. We have been trying to get to grips with these Kestrels for a while now. When we come back and view what we have,I then bring myself down to earth by looking at your site and images....I have a long long way to go Arash, It's incredibly rare to have them perch lower than this but yes point taken about both that and the light,just need some luck now with some chances, in slightly more favourable conditions.

Thanks for your time to comment and also your skill lvel which has inspiried me to keep trying for a good while now

take care

Stu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,agree with Arash but it's a good effort,looks like it will come good for you.

Cheers Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keith mitchell View Post
    Hi Stu,agree with Arash but it's a good effort,looks like it will come good for you.

Cheers Keith.
    Thanks Keith,as you can see much fun. The hours and hours and hours we have spent with them has meant they are now so relaxed,it's really special Keith. The major problem is getting chances when they are low. There are lots of perches high ,so they use these not only as a perch but also to hunt from,especially when the wind is very low .

thanks for everything mate hope the best light shines for you in 2017

take care

Stu