Thread: First Attempt, First Post in the New Year !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default First Attempt, First Post in the New Year !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone !

Thank you everyone for all your support and help throughout last year and on this note I am posting the first image in the wildlife forum in the hope to keep building from what i have learnt here .

This is an image from bandhavgarh, where a sub adult was trying to stalk a spotted deer or cheetal and hence the techs in the anticipation of action but it never turned out to be. Hope this fits for this months theme as well .

DPP4,CS6,selective colour, vibrance and saturation, NR selectively on the BG , curves , cropped very slightly from the top.

Canon 5D MK III , Canon 500mm f4 IS II with 1.4x t.c , HH .

1/4000 sec; f/8; ISO 2000.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year !!!
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 01-01-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Always nice to show stalking behavior and interaction but, for me, sadly this image does not work. Where was the fp? The image lacks sharpness despite the fast ss. The whites on the tiger look a little hot too. Although the animals are small in frame which is often typical of animalscapes, the bg doesn't really add anything for me here to give us the "scape" portion of an animalscape. Just my thoughts, but the critical issue here is sharpness. Sorry. I hope this doesn't discourage you and that you try other animalscapes.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

THank you Rachel ! And this will not at all dissuade me from posting more in animal scape . The fp was on the tiger , but will have to check to confirm or as far as I remember I might have gone for one shot auto focus and then recomposed it so the fp might as well be in the Center of two animals , but the raw is sharp as far as the tiger is concerned . Might as well the atmospheric haze is lending that softness that you are talking abt . Well I pretty much liked the frame because of the stalking behaviour and the summer colours that it carries . Never the less I will try and post different images for this months theme and will look to build upon the animalscape aspect of my photography.
    thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb i quite like your intro into 2017 in general .
    Comp , color and tones are working for me , what bothers me a bit is that red/orange stuff behind the tree line ?!
    Vey difficult to focus on a little subject in the grassland .... even if you see the FP point on the tiger ... the AF might have not been exactly on the tiger .
    Well never stop trying .... keep them coming .
    Have a successful and happy 2017 my friend .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas for your helpful feedback as always !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

An experience to witness and saviour for sure Haseeb, but this scape doesn't do it for me here I'm afraid. The landscape in this portrait comp feels cramped & restricted and gets lost in the story you're trying to deliver.

Is that a building or vehicle hidden behind the scrub?

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Marc , no their is no Man made element in the frame fortunately.