Thread: Ring-Billed Gull

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ring-Billed Gull

A bunch of these guys posed for me and I think I may have gotten some OK shots ....

Name:  untitled-508.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  164.4 KB

Sony A77ii, Tamron 150-600, 400mm, f6.3, 1/200 ISO 100

In LRCC: Exposure -.48, Highlights +33, whites -29, Clarity +24, Vibrance +12, Saturation +21

This was the full pic -- no crop. Two issues I think -- not enough foreground, maybe more room on right? I have pics from further away that have more foreground and room on side, but it seemed the bird was much smaller and not as interesting. I can post if you'd like to see it.

I'm mad as I got to see at least 2-3 new species I have not seen before (two kinds of ducks, and two avocets) but the pics were just "ok" and not very special.

Thanks for your kind C&C.

Andrew

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andrew, just a few small suggestions, yes more room at the bottom of the frame would be nice and also a bit more contrast. Maybe a tiny bit more room on the left also.
    Image looks sharp with a nice background and head angle.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image Andrew better luck next time on the rarities,but it is the way of things isn't it if this wasn't such a challenge it wouldn't be so much fun in keeping trying. I'm not familiar with him andrew it's a pretty cool looking gull with that bill ring and subtle olive hue.
    No real nits Andrew just a plea for more room down bottom as you have mentioned,I'm cool with L/R placement it;s just a tad to the bottom that is needed,hard nailing framing isn't is mate especially when things are happening.

Have the best holiday and new year Andrew

take care

Stu