Thread: Yellow-rump on a stump

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-rump on a stump

Attached Images Attached Images

From late fall this year at Fort Tilden in Queens, New York. Background is some Goldenrod. Not sure if it is too distracting from the bird. Curious what others think. Taken in beautiful early morning light.

Canon 7d ii and Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 500, F8, SS 1/800. Tripod mounted.

Converted in DPP 4. In PS I cropped, sharpened, NR to background, lightened eye. Lowered contrast a bit on background.
    Last edited by Isaac Grant; 12-07-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the colors and detail. Technically it's spot on but the bird looks very ridged to me. A slight head turn with eye contact or if the beak was open a bit it would bring it to life and put it over the top. TFS

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful little bird, nicely shown. Techs all look good, nice feather detail. I might tone down the background, but not sure. Many times I try something like that and then go back to the original. Thank you for sharing, Isaac.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Isaac you have got some super detail on this lovely little bird and the colours look great,might just tone down the yellow in the bg but not by much.

Keith.