Thread: Looking back...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Looking back...

Attached Images Attached Images

Actually, I captured this scene about six months ago on the set of a television show shot at Paramount Ranch. I was fortunate that they were shooting inside the church, so all the equipment was out of sight. I was lucky again when this extra had a book in his hand and not a cell phone! I don't think there's anything in the scene that betrays its true vintage. Alien Skin Exposure X.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Has that beautiful hand colored of a vintage photo about it. The extra is quite sharp and the BK slightly blurred, good for distance. Glad you were able to capture it au natural without filming stuff in the way (and, glad you must be feeling better?)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good composition, especially with the soldier looking back at the church. PP gives it an appropriate vintage feel. Good to see you posting again.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Hazel and Gary. I am slowly getting back to life after losing my wife in July and then yet another spinal reconstruction in August. Getting stronger every day though and will be getting out to shoot again.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not only a really well done "vintage" shot, but the scene captures the melancholy of the soldier caught up in that tragic conflict. Looking over his shoulder back at the church just seems right for the mood.