Thread: Photo Processing

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Photo Processing

Hi all.

Not long into photography and in particular bird photography and would like to edit my photos in the arm chair rather than sitting at the mac.

so my question is.

Is it possible to download photos from my Nikon d7000 to a galaxy tablet, edit them using Snapseed and the save it all to the micro sd card.

what do you think. Is it a worthwhile option?

it seems possible with an iPad but here storage is an issue, hence the galaxy and sd card.

thanks in advance
    Ross

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

If I recall correctly the D7000 does not have wifi but you can buy a wifi adapter. Or a cheaper solution may be to buy a OTG cable to connect Samsung to micro USB.
    Then you can put a micro USB card into the the tablet and use that as your memory space for photos.

I have been researching the options on using the tablet to connect the tablet to a card reader to then download the pictures to external drive for long term storage and it is certainly feasible.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No it's not possible. A tablet is mostly a toy. it doesn't have the horse power to process RAW files nor does it have the software like PHotoshop that you need for post processing your files. You can download camera JPEG files to your tablet and view them but that's not post processingif that's what you want.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    No it's not possible. A tablet is mostly a toy. it doesn't have the horse power to process RAW files nor does it have the software like PHotoshop that you need for post processing your files. You can download camera JPEG files to your tablet and view them but that's not post processingif that's what you want.
    thanks for your reply. I am pretty new at this.

At the moment I can download RAW files to my iPad, developer & edit them with Snapseed. I know it's not LR or PS but still pretty happy with the final results.

my main issue is with storage and as the iPad is pretty old thought I might be able to replace it with a galaxy that has the SD card.

thanks again for your comments

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No iPad or Android tablet can process a 14Bit RAW files into a 16Bit TIFF. You are not really processing or developing RAW files with your iPad, what the software does for you is that it extracts the 8-bit JPEG file that is embeded in any RAW file and then let's you edit that. Basically you are wasting your time and memory downloading the RAW files to your iPad, just shoot JPEG in the camera and transfer those files, the results will be the same and you don't need as much storage.

To process RAW you need a real computer that can process 14Bit RAW and display them as 16Bit TIFF files.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 12-04-2016 at 03:12 AM.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog