Thread: Lunch time...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lunch time...

Attached Images Attached Images

Bald eagle eaglets being fed fish by one of the parents. Handheld Canon 5DSR, Canon 600 f/4 IS II and 1.4TCIII, f/8, 1/2000, ISO 400

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

How many 'thumbs up' can I give this?
    A fantastic behavioural shot, all heads in about the perfect position at the same time, and excellent quality. I love the way it shows the mother working so delicately with small pieces of fish for the chick. And on top of all that I wonder how you got on that level with the nest.
    Simply awesome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic image with beautiful shooting angle. Very sweet and cute ones. Love them.

Regards,
    Satish.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful shot.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree a wonderful image Geoff,those chicks look great and all looking at Mum,is it a bird she is feeding the chicks with?.Did you climb a tree or something to get this great angle?Real pleasure to view.

Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Superb shot Geoff, it's got loads going for it - the feeding action, the head angles of the chicks, even the little details like a catchlight in the main chick is there - I'm guessing you're pretty happy with this one!

Mike

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful and intimate moment you have captured here Geoff. As mentioned above the details and poses are great as well. I do feel the image is a bit tight above. If mine I would probably be tempted to remove the blurry green branch to the left and behind the bird and the tangle to the right. Surely that is not the reality of the scene but in my opinion would make an already fantastic photo even better.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just a beautiful nest you have found here, and all the better you were able to get such a great angle on it. Good timing that they were all looking up. I like the tight crop in this case as it gives such a close up of the chicks.
    Robert Kimbrell

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree that I could clone out a few things but removing the messy branch behind the eagle on the right (eagles left) is too much effort for me. Thankfully that mess was removed by the eagles a few days later. Unfortunately this year there were some vertical sticks that showed up just after hatching that interfered with some of my shots. This one shows it just OOF below the eaglets but many of my other shots have that stick overlapping the eaglets.

I view this nest from a hiking trail and the nest tree is below that trail so you are looking down on it slightly. This family used to be on webcam but moved across the road not wanting the voyeur experience after one year of that. Their new location is 100x better for photography so I'm okay with that.

The meal is a fish. This family usually eats either fish, baby seagulls or arctic ground squirrels depending on the time of year. When the eaglets were young, I counted 8 fish lined up in the nest waiting to be eaten. As they grew a fish would last 20 seconds and be gone!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

what else can i say ??

Perfect in my eyes, this is a stunning inside view.
    never seen it so before !!!

5 star photo for me !!!

thank you for sharing !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent POV, sharpness, details, interaction and although the composition is tight it allows us to see all the details.