Thread: Yellow-rumped Warbler

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-rumped Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is another Yellow-rumped Warbler from this weekend. I like the little bird at the end of the broken stump. Not sure if the perch is a little large for such a small bird and eager to hear others thoughts. Shot early in the morning with cloudless skies (my favorite).

Canon 7dii with Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 400, F8, SS 1/500. Tripod Mounted. I was set for a brighter background and would prefer a faster shutter speed for such small and fast moving birds but when the bird jumped to this perch with the dark background I only had a split second to get the shot.

Converted in DPP 4. Auto white balance. In PS I sharpened, applied noise reduction to background. Adjusted for contrast, highlights/shadows and saturation. Eyework. Toned down the yellows of the stump as it was over saturated on the RAW. Full frame.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Isaac - Nice warm light and beautiful bg. Nice detail and sharpness too. If it were mine I would consider taming the highlights in or darkening the perch a bit.

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Isaac Grant thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent image. Beautiful colors and details. Nice BG and composition.

Regards,
    Satish.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The perch is fine as far as size goes, but its' pale bright colour does pull the eye. Not a super fan of the "broken" look to it either. I love the BG and the very cute and plump warbler. Terrific details.

6. Thanks Isaac Grant thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks as always for the detailed and honest critique and for answering my question. I have always been a fan of broken stumps and branches. I just find them beautiful and think they add interest instead of the same old perfect looking perch. But I understand that is subjective and other opinions are always learned from and appreciated.