Thread: My new favorite toy

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My new favorite toy

Attached Images Attached Images

(Not the truck). I just bought a CCTV lens - 25mm f/1.4 (closed circuit tv) from ebay for $17.00. The lens is new and comes from China. I belong to a vintage lens Facebook group and I'm amazed at how many lenses there are that you can adapt to your current camera. I've had a Helios lens which creates swirly bokeh for several years so I was already intrigued by vintage lenses. Then to my good fortune one of the webmasters of the Vintage Lens FB group joined my camera club and invited me to join their group. The group has over 6,000 members worldwide and they are knowledge about all the different lenses so it is a wealth of information. You have to use an adapter for each lens so that it matches the mount on your camera but you can find them easily on B&H or ebay and so far I've been happy with the results.

This is one of my first attempts with the cctv lens. It was taken near my house and I converted to B&W using Nik Silver Efex Pro. You can get varying degrees of background depending on your depth of field (more so it seems that a regular camera) so I'll be doing a lot of playing around.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Cheryl Slechta; 10-18-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

what fun! and it really makes the truck look like a toy too. like the central focus and surrounding blur. I assume the lens created that.

3. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was guessing a Lens Baby. Never heard of this lens. I like the result very much and look forward to seeing more. Can you change the area of focus, or is it always in the middle?

5. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Hazel and Anita. Anita, I'm still figuring out the little quirks of the lens but it looks like you can choose your focus point in the camera and then focus manually. It's definitely a work in progress and I haven't had time to go back out and shoot with it. I'll let you know

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the truck!

New toys are always fun, but this one also works well with this photo. The truck is fading into the woods, and this lens helps portray that. The thin bodies of digital cameras allow the use of almost any lens. It is nice to pull out old glass and use it again. What camera body did you use?

I also like the B&W conversion. It is very creamy.

8. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Mitch, I was using my Oympus OM-E D5 Mark II mirrorless 4/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Carucci View Post
    I like the truck!

New toys are always fun, but this one also works well with this photo. The truck is fading into the woods, and this lens helps portray that. The thin bodies of digital cameras allow the use of almost any lens. It is nice to pull out old glass and use it again. What camera body did you use?

I also like the B&W conversion. It is very creamy.