Thread: Bright Meteor!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bright Meteor!

Attached Images Attached Images

My Luckiest Shot! I was up north in a nice dark spot in North east Minnesota. i found some old burned trees from a wild fire many years ago, and decided to do some silhouettes with the starry sky, and there was some aurora light on the horizon too. i took various shots at different angles, and was happy with them, but decided to try a few more. I was right in the middle of a 25 second exposure, when this very bright meteor dropped in! It was bright blue green,and so close I could hear it! It was so bright i thought it would just blow out the whole frame, but luckily it was moving too fast to do that. it looks like it was going through the trees, the light just spilled out over the branches in the brightest parts. If it was a painting, that is right were I would have put it! I used light room to brighten the sky a little, and the stars, clarity, and some vibrance, cropped a little off the bottom and right side. I did nothing to change the meteor, it looks the same as on my raw file. Canon 6D, Rokinon 14mm, f2.8 25 seconds 6400 iso october 2, 2016 1:40 am, nearest Town, Isabella Minnesota.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, everything just works here! An epic shot
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

3. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Might be lucky Michael, but you were there taking photos so it's yours.. Well done, its quite amazing.

DON

5. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love everything about it...my favorite image of yours that you posted thus far :)

7. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This one is excellent Michael.. love it!

9. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Incredibly spectacular. Mazel tov. I love all the angles going on and you could not have placed the meteor any better if you had painted it in.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

11. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Incredibly spectacular. Mazel tov. I love all the angles going on and you could not have placed the meteor any better if you had painted it in.

a
    Thanks, it was incredibly lucky to capture it at all, much less in such a nice spot in the frame! Who is Mazel tov?