Thread: The Morning after Matthew

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Morning after Matthew

Attached Images Attached Images

For most of Thursday i was not sure if I would still have a house come Friday morning, but we got lucky and Hurricane Matthew took a little jog to the East while passing the Bahamas which put him on track to pass Palm Beach County far enough at sea to cause only minor damage. After previous storms in the past I knew there would be a good chance to get a amazing sky which occurred Friday evening as I was driving home it was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen matching the one that followed Hurricane Jean years ago. This image was made on Saturday morning and while not as epic as the previous days sunset still a beautiful morning. It is a weird feeling the day after a Tropical storm or Hurricane the air seems fresher the sky brighter almost as if the land has been cleansed by the fury of the storm it is hard to describe I am sure it is mostly from the sense of relieve that it is over and you are still alive.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 200, This is a three image blend using luminosity mask.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don, interesting thoughts about the hurricane and looking at this picture one can`t even image that he was so close. I normally follow he news on the wheater but i can`t imagine the panic that you suffer over there because of this.

As for yor image i like everything, and my only suggestion would be to warm up a "bit" the fg rocks. Well done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Neat effect, it almost looks like ice near the sand, neat rock texture and water motion

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great capture Don and nicely processed as usual...glad to hear your home survived the hurricane!