Thread: Warning about Drobo

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Warning about Drobo

Wanted to warn Drobo users who may not have a secondary backup. I use a Drobo 3rd Gen for my cold storage, it backs up my SSD rack. I have had it for only a couple of months. Two days ago it suddenly decided to dismount from my Mac Pro for no reason. The drobo dashboard shows it as healthy but it does not mount. After hours of trying the usual remedies with no success I called Drobo support.

The customer support at this company is just a big BS, they told me that the only way to get the drive mounted is to purchase a 3rd party software for $120 and try it "fix" what is Drobo's problem and even then it may not work or destroy my data. When I inquired about the warranty they said they are not honoring any warranty because it is a "software" issue. The drive basically doesn't mount on any computer and is a useless brick now. When I asked why did this happen the guy couldn't come up with a meaningful sentence, apparently it is a common defect and they try to wash it under the carpet...

It is very frustrating, I would not recommend this company's products.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm looking at NAS back up right now. This and Cloud back-up look like mine fields when you start talking about TB of storage.