Thread: sunset snowgoose pair

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default sunset snowgoose pair

Name:  Lit-up wavies1096A9683 - V.2_NI filtered - Version 2.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  81.4 KB I shot this pair last October shortly after the arrival on the Fraser R. delta of what was said to be the largest migration of Wrangell Is. nesting snow geese in known history. The entire huge field to the NE of me was ditch to ditch to road to foreshore covered with them and they were all, group by group by pair, getting up and flying over me into the sunset at my back on their way to the foreshore 300 yds. behind me. Some may see this image as having a bit of a yellow cast on the birds but this was the sunset effect that made the night so spectacular. It was an awesome experience having so many of these magnificent birds passing so closely over me for well over an hour. I tried bringing the image to a purer white but , while that image has it's own appeal, I decided to present the image as I saw and remember it. I thought I'd post this today because with the north west wind we had last night this years migration should be arriving any time now. 7DII,EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS MII @ 370mm, ISO 640, f/5.6, 1/1250, HH, no crop;

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Magnificent flight shot. Beautiful lights and nicely exposed whites with great details.
    Love the frame Bob.

Regards,
    Satish.