Thread: Golden Wolf............

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden Wolf............

Attached Images Attached Images

Indian Grey Wolf (Male)

Critically Endangered Species In India. There numbers are less then tigers.
    Near Pune,
    August 2016

Over the horizon in the golden mist and sunlight,Near the crowded roads in between the farmers crop fields , I seen the ghost of the grasslands. They are trying to survive in between the humans and making the small hills and duns as there home. Humans Who is spreading on the landscapes and grabbing every single land they can see.... Under the name of development.... Hope they(wolfs) will survive and thrive in this landscapes and hope our next generation will also have chance see them in wild .......

Firest time Shoot this image with 5200K Very Long Shot handheld, almost 30% of original Frame.... Image Little bit tempt in colours.... morning shot low Sunlight shot.

Canon 1Dx,
    Canon 500mm+1.4TC,
    f/5.6,
    ISO-1600,
    5200K .....

Enjoy.......

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Ritesh,

I like what you have captured here and especially the way the subject is gazing into the distance, lovely mood.

I also enjoyed your story which tells me you are passionate about wildlife.

Although it is a big crop the IQ looks good to me, I just feel it might be a bit on the "warm" side? Is the tail of a Grey Wolf this red in real life, or were you a tad heavy handed during processing?

Well composed and I love the inclusion of environment, I also see a version with less at the top, not sure it works for you and it is just a humble suggestion.
    Overall a lovely frame, enjoyed viewing indeed. Thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Plesea View Post
    Dear Ritesh,

I like what you have captured here and especially the way the subject is gazing into the distance, lovely mood.

I also enjoyed your story which tells me you are passionate about wildlife.

Although it is a big crop the IQ looks good to me, I just feel it might be a bit on the "warm" side? Is the tail of a Grey Wolf this red in real life, or were you a tad heavy handed during processing?

Well composed and I love the inclusion of environment, I also see a version with less at the top, not sure it works for you and it is just a humble suggestion.
    Overall a lovely frame, enjoyed viewing indeed. Thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Thanks Dear Gabrial for your valuable comment ....
    Yes the image is little bit at the wormer side as I said already in the post and yes the grey wolf tail is little bit red in the real life ..... This one is the sub adult young male that's why it's little bit more red and get wormer during the post process more red.... Yes I have the top of the frame Which includes the poultry and one Indestries in it that why I crop that ........
    Thanks for your valuable comment hope I will give all the answers above .....

Regds
    Ritesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh -- Lovely mood here ! nicely framed too . I am ok with the colours of the overall scene but the wolf appears to me a bit reddish especially the tail. Also the foreground shrubs are a bit crunchy and appears over sharpened. I can see some noise creeping in behind the wolf .

Nice frame though .

TFS !

5. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh - I added the "Theme" prefix for you. It's a nice scene though I do think such a large crop has affected the IQ (look at the nose). I think what Gabriela was asking is whether the warmer wb accurately portrays the scene. Even if shot at 5200k of course the wb can be adjusted in post if you feel it is too warm. In an ideal world, the wolf would be more parallel to the sensor rather than angled slightly away. I don't know if moving to the left was an option or what the bg would have looked like then but that might have given you a more parallel view.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh
    Well avery nice image , moody look and the gaze of the wolf into the distance is telling a story .
    Good choice of crop .
    Overall i think IQ has suffered a lot , a lot of artifacts in the OOF areas in the FG . I also think the colors are a bit too strong and contrast is too heavy ending up in blocked shades .

Still a nice frame and worth to experiment with .

TFS Andreas

9. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh.I like this. Beautiful light and wonderful composition. Congrats!

11. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the colours and the framing of this shot, it gives a real 'feel' for being at the location.

It may not have the ultimate in IQ but sometimes the overall aesthetics of the shot over-ride certain technical niggles.

Mike

13. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great sighting and sad to read about the increased pressure on this species, Ritesh!
    You've received some good advice above, agree that the crop affected the quality and the angle towards you could have been better but we don't know how maneuverable you were and how fleeting this sighting was.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

15. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

very nice...I like the composition and the light..all is fine and give a perfect idea of the situation

17. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post