Thread: Struttin' on the Shore

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Struttin' on the Shore

Attached Images Attached Images

Kind of a cluttered environment but the Blue Heron's "attitude" in this shot is pretty interesting. Found at a local park while walking this morning. He had just landed and was fluffing himself out a bit.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice comp on this image Richard. A 'natural' looking frame of the Heron in its habitat. Was it a large crop, the heron looks soft. I like the pose you captured.

Will

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glad you like it. I thought it was pretty unusual and a good deal of fun. Later I was able to get very close to the same bird as he was scooping crawfish out of the water for his breakfast. He was so intent on his meal that he didn't even notice me for a long time.

You are correct about being a bit soft. It's not a huge crop. It's either subject motion (even at 1/1600) or the lens' slow AF. The Tamron is a very nice lens for the money and has good color but AF is a bit slow and not always precise. Moving subjects are its Achilles heel. I will hopefully replace it soon with either a Canon 70-300L or the 100-400 MKII. I've had them both on loan from Canon and they are small improvements in IQ but huge improvements in AF speed and accuracy.