Thread: Continuous ink Epson 2400

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Continuous ink Epson 2400

I have created a small desktop calendar--and notecards-and I am getting good response from retailers on it. I have been printing it myself on an Epson 2400. Looking at printing prices from other sources, I still think I can print cheaper myself on these. Have any of you experience with a bulk ink system for the 2400? Seems like the biggest waste of ink is reloading a cartridge and going through that process.
    Any thoughts? Thanks!

Alfred Forns

Hi Bonnie they do work but you might run into trouble with profiles. It all depends on the output

I tired on of these systems on an old printer which was dedicated to b&w, it did work but was a pain setting up. Air in the lines is your biggest headache !!! btw recently moved to a 3800 and will be reducing the price of ink per print !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Al.
    I will look into the 3800 some more--80ml tanks--wow!
    This little calendar thing is growing, and interest is good--so that might be the way to go into long run. I had some samples done at a local printer, and my inkjet captured the details so much better than the press--amazing?

Alfred Forns

Not surprising Bonnie btw have seen a slight discount on the 3800 All three models are the same, software changes.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Al, How many or how long do you think those tanks last, if you can say? I would be printing probably about 150 or more 81/2 X 11 full bleeds. Worth the switch to the 3800?:D

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dang, Al! ;):D You cost me some $$ this week! I went ahead and ordered the 3800--too nice to pass up!
    I am installing a CIS on my R800 printer. It can do the inside pages of the calendar and notecards that way--at a much reduced price. The 3800 will have to do the cover which is full bleed on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. Front and back on one sheet to be cut in half.

Alfred Forns

Bonnie I don't know how many prints you get, maybe the Epson site has a way to figure it out It will be a lot cheaper than the smaller tanks.

btw which did you get?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Al--I did just buy a cheap CIS off of eBay. I also purchased a used R800 off of Craigslist--which has a CIS system--actually looks fine--for the calendar pages, they do not have to be 5 star prints-just reasonably good.. I went ahead and ordered a similar unit for my own 800. I spent the day coverting the waste tanks on the two printers to the outside. Wow--the ink loss is amazing on the cleaning cycle!

Alfred Forns

Lots of work and messy !!! Let me know how they turn out I'm sure will be stunners !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Lots of work and messy !!! Let me know how they turn out I'm sure will be stunners !!!
    Thanks, Al.
    If the two R800's work the way I want--it will ge great.
    Here is a little peek at the front/back of the calendar http://fieldandfarmphoto.com/coverduoweb.jpg It is a standing desktop.
    Last edited by Bonnie Block; 06-19-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Alfred Forns

Sweet !!! Put me down for one !!! looks great !!!!!!!!