Thread: THEME - Framed landscape

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default THEME - Framed landscape

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken on a hike in the Lake District of England. I processed using Topaz Impressions.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, this is an idyllic scene. I'd love to hear more about your hikes - it's something I've got on my radar. I love your composition and Impressions is a good choice for filters for the scene. I'd remove the chromatic aberration in the upper left and I'd also probably remove the orange twine on the gate. Actually, I'm conflicted about the twine - I like the contrasting color.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Slechta View Post
    Hi, Anita, this is an idyllic scene. I'd love to hear more about your hikes - it's something I've got on my radar. I love your composition and Impressions is a good choice for filters for the scene. I'd remove the chromatic aberration in the upper left and I'd also probably remove the orange twine on the gate. Actually, I'm conflicted about the twine - I like the contrasting color.
    Cheryl: Thanks for pointing out the chromatic aberration--it isn't something I've dealt with before. Do you remove it in Lightroom? Or do you have another suggestion. I think it came into the image in Topaz Impressions.
    As to hiking in England and Scotland--it is a joy. Because of their public access policy, trails and paths cross private land, with gates and styles allowing one to go through boundary fences and walls. There are trails everywhere, lots and lots of them. On some of our walks/hikes we walked through barnyards!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Anita....Love the sense of light in this scene. Impression seems to have worked well for you in softening the whole scene. I feel like I want to walk through that gate! Nice work! The twine does not bother me...its a nice detail that I don't think is prominent enough to distract.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

ditto the above "loves". Reminds me of times in Scotland and makes me wish I were back there. The twine doesn't bother me...adds a depth of something else to see. If I did remove anything it might be that vertical branch hanging down in the middle, but that's just a choice thing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, I deal with CA in LR if I need to. If it slips past me or shows up when I've got an image in PS then I will go to the Camera Raw filter and do it then.
    I really must get to England or Scotland to enjoy the hiking trails. I lived in Potomac, Maryland back in the 70's and they had the same access law in Montgomery County for people riding horses. You couldn't fence off your fields without putting in "coops" which were jumps that allowed riders to jump in and out of the field. We used to ride all day long. I'm sure it's not that way now. I went back in the 80's and most everything in that area was concrete. It was very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Bower View Post
    Cheryl: Thanks for pointing out the chromatic aberration--it isn't something I've dealt with before. Do you remove it in Lightroom? Or do you have another suggestion. I think it came into the image in Topaz Impressions.
    As to hiking in England and Scotland--it is a joy. Because of their public access policy, trails and paths cross private land, with gates and styles allowing one to go through boundary fences and walls. There are trails everywhere, lots and lots of them. On some of our walks/hikes we walked through barnyards!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
    Hi Anita....Love the sense of light in this scene. Impression seems to have worked well for you in softening the whole scene. I feel like I want to walk through that gate! Nice work! The twine does not bother me...its a nice detail that I don't think is prominent enough to distract.
    Thank you, Bob. Glad you like it. The sky was a light overcast, creating lovely soft light. I'm just starting to find my way in Impressions.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel Grant View Post
    ditto the above "loves". Reminds me of times in Scotland and makes me wish I were back there. The twine doesn't bother me...adds a depth of something else to see. If I did remove anything it might be that vertical branch hanging down in the middle, but that's just a choice thing.
    Thanks for comments. I see what you mean about that one branch. I'll see what it looks like cloned out. When were you in Scotland? We went to Scotland after visiting the Lake District.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, I deal with CA in LR if I need to. If it slips past me or shows up when I've got an image in PS then I will go to the Camera Raw filter and do it then.
    I really must get to England or Scotland to enjoy the hiking trails. I lived in Potomac, Maryland back in the 70's and they had the same access law in Montgomery County for people riding horses. You couldn't fence off your fields without putting in "coops" which were jumps that allowed riders to jump in and out of the field. We used to ride all day long. I'm sure it's not that way now. I went back in the 80's and most everything in that area was concrete. It was very sad.
    Nice story about the horse jumps. We own 15 acres, and have horse jumps on several of the fences so that the fox hunters can get through our property.
    Today I worked with CA in Lightroom, but some was still left. How do you deal with it in Camera RAW?

Lifetime Member Michael Gerald-Yamasaki's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita,

Greetings. I'd like to walk through that frame. Effective use of Impressions. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gerald-Yamasaki View Post
    Anita,

Greetings. I'd like to walk through that frame. Effective use of Impressions. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-
    Thanks, Michael. We did walk through that frame as that is where the path led. :-)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pure essence of Summer!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, sorry for the late response. I find it easier to do as much as I can in LR but only because I've used LR since its inception. With the Remove Chromatic Aberration checked sometimes you have to go to the Manual panel on the right and make purple/green adjustments with a slider to effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Bower View Post
    Nice story about the horse jumps. We own 15 acres, and have horse jumps on several of the fences so that the fox hunters can get through our property.
    Today I worked with CA in Lightroom, but some was still left. How do you deal with it in Camera RAW?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, sorry for the late response. I find it easier to do as much as I can in LR but only because I've used LR since its inception. With the Remove Chromatic Aberration checked sometimes you have to go to the Manual panel on the right and make purple/green adjustments with a slider to effect.
    Thanks. I tried that and it worked!