Thread: Looking for bird guide in Costa Rica

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Looking for bird guide in Costa Rica

I'm going to Costa Rica in November and I'm looking for a guide in the Northwest Guanacaste area. The focus would be bird photography. Looking for a day or two of guide help. If anyone has any contacts, let me know. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Our very own Doug Brown leads workshops in the winter in Costa Rica. Although not in November, perhaps he's got some contacts to recommend (off my mind I know Greg Basco lives and conducts workshops there).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I know a "german photographer" there, he also makes workshops in CR and he also lives there..
    sorry i have only a link to the german website

http://www.naturfotografie-costa-rica.de/

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Costa Rica is a small country and no need to get someone for a particular area like Guanacaste. Best general bird guide for Costa Rica I have encountered is Juan Carlos Vindas.

jcvpictures@gmail.com
    www.neotropicphototours.com/

My wife and I spent over a week traveling around with him in 2016. It was a last minute trip for us so I used Juan Carlos to do the booking and be our guide and driver. He is an accomplished wildlife photographer who has lived in Costa Rica his entire life. He is good for trips to South America as well.

For a specific location (Savagre, Osa, Monteverde) a local guide may be as good but then you are getting a guide and usually not someone who understands the requirements of serious photographers.