Thread: Least tern head on3

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Least tern head on3

One more tern..after flying head on to me right before landing...close to FF.

1DX
    700mm
    ISO1000
    f:9
    1/3200

Name:  _R2R8535.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  352.0 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Lorant, these terns are not easy but you have a very nice image with wing detail. I would wish for more of the catchlight and a tighter crop... TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. You gotta love when you catch them hovering. I'd love to see the bird dead centered here as there is no reason to put it anywhere but right in the middle :) It looks as if it might need a bit of rotation but I cannot figure out which way!!! There are reasons for both CW and CCW...

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lorant, very nice. Love the pose with open wings, with good detail, and splayed tail. I rather like the crop as posted. The LHS wing runs diagonally across from the corner and you have given him plenty of room to fly into.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cool flight/hovering pose captured here Lorant, and I really like the gray sky to set off the lovely white of the Tern. I agree with Artie's crop suggestion to put it dead center. Lovely image, well done.

Kirk
    Kirk Benson
    Southern California
    https://500px.com/kirkb

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome, Lorant. That underwing detail is so gorgeous and the tail spread is also making it really outstanding. I like the rotation as is, but I agree about putting this bird dead center.