Thread: Nesting Eared Grebe

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Nesting Eared Grebe

Eggs should hatch within the next 2 weeks with any luck. This appears to be the 2nd batch of young for the flock of birds at this location. Do not know if this is the first or second for this bird.

Would have liked to get a lower angle but I was not about to take a chance on a steep slope into an effluent pond.

Name:  Eared-Grebe-52.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  388.2 KB

Canon 7D Mark II
    EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM
    1/500
    f/11
    ISO 640
    400mm
    HH

Highlight, exposure, shadow, mid- tone, white and black point adjustments and sharpening.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a great pair of eyes but with the background clutter and the harsh, off angled light (from behind and the right), you had zero chance of making a great image. Try again on a cloudy day or when and if you have the sun pointed at the nest. Staying out of the poop is a good plan.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks John Hackney thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Artie. Would love a cloudy day. Hopefully I will get exceptionally lucky have a cloudy day before the birds are no longer on the nests.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

YAW and Good luck. Thanks for understanding.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.