Thread: Chop Suey

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Chop Suey

Attached Images Attached Images

Some of you have terns, I have swans at the moment. They are close to where I live, in a man made lake. Getting a good spot to shoot swans is difficult because of all the Pokemon chasers sitting around the edge. One asked me what I was doing? "Well, I'm taking photos." He said "What of, there's nothing to see!" I said "Open you eyes".

It's a treat to watch the parent birds drag up vegetation from the bottom and munch it up.

I have tried to get the blacks right. These swans have a green sheen and I hope I haven't lost it here. Basic adjustments in ACR. I have toned down the very vibrant red bill and sharpened the head. (maybe too much) Focus point fell on youngster's forehead. Cloned another headless sibling, in front of tail of adult RHS. Cloned out some distracting reflections. Sliver of canvas added to RHS. Cropped to line up ripples.

Canon 5D2
    Sigma 150-600mm@600mm
    f9 @ 1/800
    ISO 800
    Hand Held

C&C Welcomed and appreciated!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glennie:

Nice exposure on the blacks, reds well handled. Head of adult looks good. Water dribbles, and of course the cute cygnet, all good.

We have a few captive black swans at our local bird sanctuary. The males certainly are cantankerous. I have always admired their interesting plumage details.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

3. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This one is so much better in the terms of exposure, details and processing. The blacks look black, the reds aren't blown and the details look perfect. Well done taking the critiques on your earlier images and learning from them.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

5. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Glennie, You did a wonderful job utilizing the suggestions and your image is wonderful. I like the blacks and the reds in this one. Now if you can orchestrate the drops and the greens on the side of the cygnet..., a beautiful interaction you have captured, well done.

7. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

much much better Gelnnie, you have made good progress here, the blacks and reds both good and the bird is sharp. well done
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

9. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the composition on this one. I like the way the light falls on the head of both animals and I like the placement of the chick here, kinda framed by the parent's neck. Very well done, Glennie!

11. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post