Thread: Summer morning

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Summer morning

Attached Images Attached Images

1Dx2 600 & 2xIII
    1/600 F/10 ISO 1000
    I took this at Ding Darling last weekend. 4 were bathing side by side in the late morning.
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The pinks and blues go really well together, and the near wing looks great. I like the scruffy neck. Good low angle, and just enough reflection below. I do find the image rather bright though. Lowering the midtones and highlights would do the image justice IMO.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm with Dan on pulling down the curve on this one. Love the BKGR. A bit more head turn towards us would have improved it a bit.

Spoonbills at Ding Darling--unique these days!

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Robert, One of my bucket list birds... love these spoonbills, just a bit of curves adjustment like Daniel stated and you'll have a sweet shot.

-Tim

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Repost

Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking frame Robert. I like the pose with the open wings and the HA and shooting angle look perfect too. As the others have mentioned this one is overexposed and washed out.
    Hope you are ok with me playing around with the image. It took more than just lowering the exposure on this one to bring it back. I adjusted the tones, curves, levels, exposure and contrast.
    I also selectively sharpened the head and neck. I didn't change the color but as I adjusted each step, it brought out the colors, even the green under the bill and obviously the blue of the water.
    Let me know your thoughts
    Well done
    Last edited by David Salem; 07-24-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feed back and suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to rework the image David. Your have brought out more detail in the head and neck and it does have a less washed out feel. Perhaps I would reduce the saturation in your version a little, but it does look better and I thank you for your time and expertise.
    Robert Kimbrell